Our customer MIT LL is looking for a CyberSecurity Specialist (ISSO) to support Air Force programs in Lexinton,MA. This position is located onsite at MIT LL in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer security principles and policies, to include, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, and DoD Manual 5205.07 Volumes 1- 4. Candidate must have strong technical skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies.
* Assist and Support necessary compliance activities (e.g., ensure that system security configuration guidelines are followed, compliance monitoring occurs)
* Continuously validate the organization against policies/guidelines/procedures/regulations/laws to ensure compliance
* Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
* Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals
* Track audit findings and recommendations to ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are taken
* Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain an organization's cybersecurity requirements
* Provide technical documents, incident reports, findings from computer examinations, summaries, and other situational awareness information to key stake holders. Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required
* Assist the Program Managers and the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy
* Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with organization security policies and procedures
* Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation
* Lead and align information technology (IT) security priorities with the security strategy
Education and Certifications:
BS degree is preferred but not required and Security Plus is the minimum 8570 certification requirement
A TS clearance with SCI eligibility is required. Candidate may be required to pass a CI polygraph
Interview process will likely consist of a phone screen followed by an extensive zoom interview with the team members
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Please note: Final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors such as the Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications.
In accordance with any legal obligations that may be placed on Odyssey, this position may require as a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of full vaccination, or have a legal exemption from vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities